Want to learn how to make spooky Halloween pudding shots that will WOW your guests? Are you looking for a pudding shots recipe that is easy to make? We have a showstopping, jaw dropping recipe that you can try at home with just a handful of common, store bought ingredients.
These pudding shots have a spooky Halloween theme to them but you can make these reflect any theme or season just by changing the food coloring or pudding you use. If you want Christmas pudding shots then use red food coloring. If you want St. Patrick’s Day pudding shots then use green food coloring.
This recipe is an alcoholic cocktail for adults but you can remove the alcohol and make layered dessert pudding the old fashioned way for a family friendly mocktail.
The best part about these pudding shots is that you can make these ahead of your event and store in the refrigerator until your party or event. Let’s check out the finished product so you can see how eye-popping these pudding shots are!
Let’s Check out this EASY Halloween Pudding Shots Recipe!
These Halloween dessert shots are an easy option for kids and adults so that everyone and their tastebuds will be happy! It’s a frightfully simple recipe – perfect for a spooky good time! We’ve made cheesecake dessert shots but you can use any pudding flavor you like as a substitute.
Don’t forget how simple this is to change into a mocktail and a kid-friendly option. Remove the alcohol without removing any of the flavor or fun. You can make these Halloween Jello Pudding Shots delicious for all ages!
Just look at those layers! But don’t worry, it’s super simple! The black and white look is perfect for a Halloween party! Guests will go crazy for this tasty treat. These pudding shots are perfect for a Hocus Pocus, or Beetlejuice or Jack Skellington Nightmare before Christmas movie night! Everyone will appreciate the flavor and the work you put in to make it a theme night!
Even Jack Skellington himself wouldn’t be able to deny this fun pudding shot. Use this at the bar, dessert table, or as a way to greet your spooky Halloween party guests. Hey…adults should be able to participate in the Halloween fun, too!
So if you’re looking for a spooky treat to add to a themed party, or movie night (like Bettlejuice, Hocus Pocus or the Nightmare Before Christmas) this is the one! Just a few simple ingredients equate to delicious fun!
We love making simple drink recipes for Halloween. Jello shot recipes are often used during the summer months, but we think that they’re perfect for all holidays and occasions! Be sure to check out our Halloween Party Food on a Budget for even more fun and EASY Halloween ideas and treats.
How to Make this SIMPLE Halloween Jello Pudding Shot Recipe!
EASY Halloween Dessert Shots Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Chill Time: 1 Hour
Makes: 7 2 Ounce Pudding Shots
Don’t forget that you can double or triple the shot recipe for a larger party guest list. Buy the jello shot glasses in bulk online so that you can get the best price. You can get shot glasses of all different sizes to easily change up the look and the presentation.
With a prep time of 15 minutes, this simple shot recipe takes no time at all! Don’t forget to top with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles for extra flavor and a fun look. Add this to your list of must-make Halloween recipes! This is the perfect shot recipe and a fun trick-or-treat idea for adults!
EASY Halloween Dessert Shots Ingredients
1 Cup Cold Half and Half
½ Cup Vodka
½ Cup Whipped Cream + extra for garnish
How to Make a Halloween Jello Shots Recipe Step By Step
STEP ONE – Mix the Pudding
Add the pudding and half and half to a bowl and whisk together until thickened.
STEP TWO – Add the Vodka
Pour the vodka into the pudding mixture and whisk until combined and thickened. You can use a hand mixer to make it faster.
STEP THREE – Add the Whipped Cream
Add the whipped cream to the pudding mixture and whisk together until combined.
STEP FOUR – Separate the Pudding into Two Bowls
Take the pudding mixture and add half to a separate bowl. We’ll dye half black and keep half white so we can layer our Jello pudding shots.
STEP FIVE – Add the Black Food Coloring
Add the Block food coloring to one half of the pudding and stir until the pudding is completely BLACK! You should now have one bowl with black pudding and one bowl with white pudding.
STEP SIX – Layer Pudding into the Shot Glasses
Use a spoon or a frosting bag fitted with a small frosting tip- fill each shot glass 1/4 of the way full with white pudding. Follow with a layer of black pudding, followed by a layer of white, and another layer of white to finish. Put the shots in the fridge for about an hour to allow the pudding to set.
FOR BEST RESULTS AND EVEN LAYERS- use a pastry bag with a small frosting tip. You can also use a Ziploc bag with one, small corner snipped off.
STEP EIGHT – Add Whipped Topping & Sprinkles!
When you’re ready to serve your pudding shots add the whipped cream and black sprinkles on top. Serve and enjoy! You can find the full printable recipe at the end of the page!
Pudding Shot Pro-tips:
- To neutralize the faint yellow hue in your cheesecake pudding, you can mix in a tiny bit of purple food coloring. Ensure it’s less than a drop as a little goes a long way. The goal isn’t a gray or lavender shade.
- For pudding that comes out dark purple and isn’t quite black, add a small amount of yellow dye. This makes it appear darker. Cooling it in the refrigerator also enhances the darkness.
- For a faster thickening process, use a hand mixer.
- I found that using a piping bag with a simple small nozzle expedites the filling of shots and makes the layers more even. Ensure the frosting tips is small, or the pudding will leak out. Hold the bag at a slight angle, and support the tip with your other hand to prevent dripping due to pressure. Avoid overfilling the piping bag to maintain control. While a spoon is a feasible alternative, it’s slightly slower, but can be neater.
- Should your pudding be too runny, sprinkle more dry pudding mix and whisk until the desired consistency is reached.
- I’d advise against adding more than half a cup of alcohol to each pudding box. It can make it overly runny.
- For a non-alcoholic version suitable for kids, replace alcohol with 1 cup of milk.
- I’d recommend not preparing these more than a few hours ahead. If they sit for too long, the black could mix with the white, leading to an undesired greenish stripe. However, if this doesn’t bother you, feel free to prepare them early.
I hope you enjoyed learning how to make pudding shots step by step. If you love these Halloween dessert shots be sure to check out some of our other EASY Halloween food recipes that you can make at home!
- Prepared brownies (either homemade or box mix)
- Mini candy canes
- Your favorite frosting
- Cut the brownies into triangles. Cut them in half lengthwise, and. thencut each half into 10 triangles. Try to make them even. Give them about 2 inches spaced out on the triangle bottoms.
- Add the frosting into a bowl and add a few drops of food coloring until you get the green the color that you like.
- Grab a frosting bag and add a piping tip. Add the green frosting, and then start piping the frosting onto the brownies. Start at the base and work your way up.
- Once the frosting has been added, sprinkle the sprinkles on top of each brownie.
- Break the candy canes and use the straight pieces to insert into the base of the brownies.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 24Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 13mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 0g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 8/21/2023
Save Our Halloween Jello Shots Recipe for Later on Pinterest!
A glue gun in one hand, a whisk in the other- that's me in a nutshell! I'm the heart and soul behind acountrygirlslife.com. I've been crafty since childhood so I'm your go-to girl for everything crafty, delicious, and DIY. From clever crafts & printables to mouth-watering bakes- I believe in sprinkling a little handmade magic into every day. I'll help you find your creative niche at home!