Looing for FREE printable garage sale signs? Need directional and editable printable yard sale signs to reel in all the customers? We have four FREE printable garage sale signs with all the directional arrows and a blank, editable sign that you can fill in with your address, dates and times of the sale.
A successful garage sale is more than just clearing out your basement or attic; it’s a great way to make some extra cash while decluttering your home or raising money for a charitable cause.
Running a profitable garage sale requires some preparation and strategy. We’re going to provide you with some colorful, eye-catching printable garage sale signs to ensure your event grabs the attention of potential customers!
The secret to a successful garage sale lies in the preparation. Start by sorting out items you want to sell, and consider their pricing. Remember, the goal is to clear out clutter, so price items to sell, but ensure you’re making a fair profit.
I have a lot of tips and tricks to help you plan a garage sale that makes LOTS of money. Be sure to check it out after your download today.
Advertise Your Garage Sale
Here is where our free printable garage sale signs come in. These bright, colorful signs are designed to attract the attention of passers-by and to direct them to your yard sale or garage sale from the nearest major intersection(s) to your sale.
How to Print Your FREE Printable Garage Sale Signs
To print our free garage sale signs, follow these steps:
- We provide you with 4 FREE printable yard sale signs that have all the possible directions marked with arrows along with a blank editable yard sale sign template that you can fill in with your address, date & time of the yard sale (you can also import these into a program like Canva and overlay this information with bold block lettering). These are in 1 single PDF file. You can print all the signs you need keeping in mind how you will direct your customers to the location.
- You want to print your garage sale signs onto heavy cardstock so they will not wilt with moisture & humidity.
- We also recommend that you laminate your signs (which also makes them re-usable for your next yard sale). There is an inexpensive laminating machine available on Amazon. Be sure to pick up some heavy duty laminating pouches too.
How to Post Your Garage Sale Signs Around Town
Strategic placement of your signs can make a significant difference in the number of people who turn up to your sale.
- Choose high-traffic areas such as major intersections around your home, local community boards, and entrances/exits of busy parking lots (like grocery stores or big box stores).
- Use sturdy materials like wooden stakes, heavy duty staple guns or heavy duty tape to secure your signs, ensuring they don’t fall down or blow away.
- Make sure your signs are visible and readable from a distance. For best results, place them at eye level and ensure the direction to your sale is clearly marked. Remember that most people are slowly driving by in a vehicle trying to read your sign and they often can’t come to a complete stop in traffic. Use big letters and a thick permanent marker to make everything highly visible.
- Don’t forget to take down your signs once your sale is over. It’s not only courteous but also often required by local regulations.
Prepare for the Yard Sale Day
On the day of the garage sale, make sure your items are well organized and neatly displayed. Label everything clearly with prices and be ready to negotiate. Check out our step by step guide to hosting a money making garage sale before you leave today- it will keep you from making some of the common garage sale mistakes & mishaps.
Hosting a successful garage sale can be a fun and profitable way to declutter your home. With careful planning, effective advertising using our free printable garage sale signs, and a welcoming setup, your garage sale is sure to be a hit!
Remember to share your successful garage sale stories with us. We love to hear how our tips and tricks have helped you…or if you know of something we missed let us know! You can download your FREE printable yard sale signs below!
Leave a Reply