These Hot Chocolate Brownie Cups are a must for the colder months! Loaded with fudgy texture and peppermint flavor, there’s no way you’ll be able to resist this festive brownie recipe. It’s so simple with our step by step tutorial.
If you’re looking for a fun, cute and unique treat for the holidays, this might be just the ticket? You can easily make this simple peppermint brownie dessert now and test it out. It’s delicious, festive, and perfect for family movie night, bake sales, classroom parties, potlucks, cookie exchanges or Christmas parties
What I love about these Hot Chocolate Brownie Bites is that they make the perfect Christmas brownies. Every bite is loaded with chocolate goodness, fluffy marshmallows, melty chocolate and fragrant peppermint making them a Christmas dream come true. There’s no denying that everyone loves peppermint flavoring during the colder months of the year!
Use this simple recipe for Brownie cocoa mugs as a fun and delicious way to get into the holiday spirit! This recipe uses basic, brownie box mix…cutting down on prep time and making more time for the fun part- DECORATION! Let’s check out the completed dessert below so that you can see how EASY this is to make!
Let’s Check out this EASY Hot Chocolate Brownie Cups Recipe!
Let’s not forget the fact that this simple Christmas brownie dessert is one of the best! It’s not only easy to make – but it’s so much better than anything storebought.
There is no denying how cute these treats are. They literally look like hot cocoa mugs! This would be a super cute addition to a holiday party, birthday party, or snacking weekend at home.
Look at this goodness! The pretzel handles are the perfect addition, finishing off the mug look. The fun part is that you can add toppings to these brownie ideas for Christmas to make them really unique.
Adding the crushed peppermint on top is a great way to really enhance the flavor. It’s fun to have that crunchy and soft texture in each bite, which is what brings people back for more. You can use crushed candy canes or even change it up and use crushed flavored candy canes as well.
These little Hot Chocolate Brownie Bites are a big hit in our house and I’m sure they will be in your house too! They’re fun to make – and are unique for people haven’t seen them before! Just get ready to have everyone ask you for the recipe for these Hot Chocolate Brownie Bites.
Holiday desserts and foods are some of our favorites! You can’t go wrong with festive treats! Be sure to check out our Christmas Tree Brownies, Decorated Christmas Tree Meringues on a Stick or Rudolph Chocolate Covered Strawberries for even more fun Christmas party desserts!
How to Make These SIMPLE & EASY Christmas Brownies!
This holiday recipe is perfect for Christmas or winter, be sure add it to your list of must-make winter themed recipes! Our Hot Chocolate Brownie Cups are the perfect family activity heading into movie night. Kids and teens will love decorating the brownies.
Using a brownie mix is the perfect way to cut down on measuring and prep work. The rest of the simple ingredients are pantry staples!
EASY Hot Cocoa Brownie Mugs
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Makes: 24 servings
Brownie Cocoa Mugs Ingredients:
Non Stick Cooking Spray
1 box brownie mix, plus ingredients to prepare it
1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
2 cups mini marshmallows
1/3 cup crushed peppermint candy
12 mini pretzels
How to Make Hot Chocolate Brownie Bites Step By Step
STEP ONE – Preheat the oven & make the brownie mix
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a Mini Muffin Pan with nonstick cooking spray. Make the brownie batter according to the package directions. Add the peppermint extract to the batter to get that extra kick of peppermint.
STEP TWO – Add batter to the muffin pan
Scoop the batter into the muffin pan using a tablespoon. Put the pan in the oven for 20 minutes.
STEP THREE – Form a cup
Once the brownies are baked, take them out of the pan and then use the back of the tablespoon to press down the top of the brownie to form a cup.
STEP FOUR – Add toppings
Set aside 1/4 cup of the chocolate chips in reserve. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips in the cup of each brownie.
STEP FIVE – Add marshmallows
Add the mini marshmallows on top of the chocolate chips and place the pan back into the oven to bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the tops of the marshmallows look nice and toasty.
STEP SIX – Add the peppermint
Once the brownies are taken out of the oven, immediately top with the crushed peppermint. Let the brownies cool in the pan until they are cool enough to handle.
STEP SEVEN – Dab with melted chocolate
Break the curved part of the pretzel off to use as the hot cocoa cup handle. Have 2 dozen pretzel handles ready to use. Add the rest of the chocolate chips into a disposable plastic piping bag and melt in in the microwave for 15-second intervals until melted. Pipe a dab of chocolate onto each exposed end of the pretzel and stick to the brownie cup.
Hot Cocoa Brownie Cup Pro-tips:
- Make sure to let the chocolate harden on the pretzel to form the handle so that it sticks. After you’ve glued the handle to the brownie you can turn the brownie on its side and rest it in the muffin cups until the chocolate has fully set.
- We used chocolate chips but you could fill the center of this brownie with caramel bits, leftover Halloween candy or a variety of other tasty combinations. Don’t be afraid to get creative!
I hope you enjoyed learning how to make Hot Cocoa Brownies step by step. If you love this cute Christmas dessert recipe, be sure to check out some of our other EASY holiday food recipes that you can make at home in a snap!
- 1 box brownie mix, plus ingredients to prepare it
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/3 cup crushed peppermint candy
- 12 mini pretzels
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a pan with nonstick spray.
- Make the brownie batter according to the package directions. Add the peppermint extract.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin pan using a tablespoon. Put the pan in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Once the brownies are baked, take them out of the pan and then use the back of the tablespoon to press down the top to form a cup.
- Leave 1/4 cup of the chocolate chips to the side, and then add the rest of them to the top of each brownie.
- Add the mini marshmallows to the top of the brownie and then put the pan back into the oven to bake for 5 minutes.
- Once the brownies are taken out of the oven, immediately top with the crushed peppermint. Let the brownies cool in the pan until they are safe to touch.
- Add the rest of the chocolate chips into a piping bag and melt them in 30-second intervals until melted.
- Break the curved part of the pretzel off, and then add some chocolate to it. Press the pretzel into the side of the cup to form the handle.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 129Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 185mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g
Save Our Hot Chocolate Brownie Cups to Pinterest!
A glue gun in one hand, a whisk in the other- that's me in a nutshell! I'm the heart and soul behind acountrygirlslife.com. I've been crafty since childhood so I'm your go-to girl for everything crafty, delicious, and DIY. From clever crafts & printables to mouth-watering bakes- I believe in sprinkling a little handmade magic into every day. I'll help you find your creative niche at home!